The HELIPORT Project
The HELIPORT project started as an internal system providing proposal metadata via a simple REST interface. We then picked up on an old idea of an overall guidance system for our various services at HZDR. After a discussion with the Helmholtz Institute Jena we started the HELIPORT project and involved the Forschungszentrum Jülich to support us in integrating computing infrastructure services into HELIPORT.
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf started the project and developed the predecessor system which became HELIPORT.
- Project management,
- Base system with modular design and several plugins,
- Development of the project lifecycle metadata schema,
- Overall documentation of the TELBE experiment in HELIPORT.
The Forschungszentrum Jülich provides support in integrating UNICORE (Uniform Interface to Computing Resources) in HELIPORT.
- UNICORE support for HELIPORT and
- Integration of CWL workflows in UNICORE.
The Helmholtz Institut Jena develops a metadata schema for High Intensity Laser (HIL) experiments. The POLARIS experiment is one of the first experiments documented with HELIPORT.
- Development of an experiment specific metadata schema and
- Documentation of POLARIS laser system and related experiments.