The policie applies primarily for the productive version in the HZDR network.
- Scope: All research projects at or in cooperation with HZDR can be documented in HELIPORT. Content must not violate copyright, privacy or non-disclosure agreements. The uploader is responsible for making sure that his content is suitable for open dissemination.
- Eligible users: Access to uploading data and metadata to HELIPORT requires an active user account at HZDR.
- License: The uploader must chose a license for publicly available digital objects.
Access and Reuse
- Project access: Files can be made Open, Embargoed, Restricted or Closed access. Files can be accessed via HTTP protocol. Files marked as closed access can only be accessed by the uploader himself.
- Metadata access: HELIPORT metadata is licensed under CC0, except for email addresses.
- Use and reuse of data objects: Reuse of data objects is subject to the license under which the files were deposited.
- Fixity and authenticity: All files are stored along with the corresponding MD5-checksum of their content. Files are automatically and regularly checked against their checksum in order to assure that the file content is constant and unchanged.
- Replicas: Files are stored in the GPFS distributed file system available at HZDR data center which is backed up to tape on a nightly basis.
- Metadata preservation: Metadata is stored in a highly available PostgreSQL installation with nightly backups.
- Retention period: Items will be preserved for the lifetime of the data repository HELIPORT.
- Succession plans: In case of closure of the repository, best efforts will be made to integrate all content into suitable alternative institutional and/or subject based repositories.
- Revocation: Content which does not fall under the scope of the repository will be removed and all Handles issued by HELIPORT will be revoked. Uploads which are identified to already have an external Handle assigned will have the HELIPORT Handle invalidated. The record's metadata will be updated by with the external DOI.
- Withdrawal and removal: A HELIPORT project can be withdrawn or removed at any time. The project information including description, title and project creater/memebrs remains in our database.